Sign Up For An Audition
Ready to audition?
If you’re considering being part of a production, then you’re considering being part of team. That team needs to be able to rely on each other in order to create a production to high standards and have a good time in the process. You haven’t met them yet, but the team on the production you’re thinking of auditioning for will be made up of volunteers just like you; onstage, backstage and front of house. By choosing to audition you’re one step away from making a commitment, not just on your behalf but on their behalf as well.
Before you sign-up for an audition and having carefully read the relevant auditions notices, take a moment to ask yourself whether you’re ready to audition. If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions then you are and we can’t wait to receive your form.
If you find yourself answering ‘no’ to one or more of them, it might not be the right time for you to undertake this commitment. Do other things in your life need to be rearranged first? Would it be better to wait and try out for another production for which commitment would be easier? If you’re unsure, you can always seek advice from the Director of Productions, Jez Pike – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you definitely available for all the performance dates?
- Do you have any major commitments during the rehearsal period? (For e.g. holidays booked, regular weekday evenings you can’t rehearse on, family commitments)
- Are you confident that your work/life schedule won’t significantly alter between now and the start of rehearsals?
- Do you have sufficient access to transport to get to and from rehearsals/performances? (The vast majority of rehearsals take place at The Maddermarket. They generally start at 7pm and finish at 10pm. During dress rehearsal and performances you may be required from 6.30pm and might not be away till 10.30pm)
- Outside of rehearsals will you have sufficient time and energy to learn your lines with plenty of time to spare before the first performance?
- Are you ready to take on a volunteering activity which at times will place demands on your stamina and energy levels?
- Are you ready to be positive in rehearsals, generous with your fellow actors and receptive to direction?
If you’ve answered yes, to all the above, then you’re ready to audition for a Norwich Players production. Simply download, complete, and send the Audition Form to Jez Pike: email@example.com
What happens next?
Your information will be processed, stored and distributed in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Director of Productions, Jez Pike will reply by email, acknowledging the receipt of your form and providing digital copies of the play script and the audition extracts. Shortly afterwards the director of the specific production you are auditioning for will contact you to arrange an audition slot with you.